Master Click 2020
JLU Master Clicks 2020
International Photography Competition
This is the 6th edition of our marquee annual International photographic competition to celebrate the outstanding photographers from across the world. The event is organized by Jagran Lakecity University and curated by Jagran School of Visual Arts and Design.
Amidst COVID, there has been a paradigm shift in our lifestyle, both physically and digitally. With people stuck at home, Visual Memories, in the form of photographs, became the best tool of communication. Hence this year, at JLU, we decided to go for ‘Reminisce‘ as Masterclick2020 theme. With this, we aim to showcase the hidden positivity that life still reflects, even during the crisis.
What does REMINISCE mean?
It means traveling through the memory lane or in this scenario, images that reminisced the time. All those photographic moments captured by your camera when nature was in its best grace or the moment was a lifetime experience, can be your winning bet for this competition. The theme allows participants to share the images in different categories namely:
a. Portraiture: A portrait may be a single person, a group, or a self-portrait. A variety of interpretations of the portrait theme can be submitted.
b. Travel: The adventures you have been to or the places you have traveled showcasing different cultures, landscapes, people, etc.
c. Macro-world: The miniature world shots for example close-ups of insects or close shots of tiny subjects.
d. Minimalism: Images with few visual elements in the Photograph.
e. Sports: Images that anticipate the action or feel of any recognized sports
Recognitions in Focus:
On 19th August, on the occasion of world photography day, the Photography Community of JLU shall organize a virtual exhibition followed by the announcement of the winners.
- The winners will be rewarded with excellent global exposure with online, print, and TV media, and a photo show well exhibited in a prestigious gallery.
- It will be published on the University’s website and Social Media pages.
- Winners will be awarded University Certificates recognized worldwide.
How to win?
The entries will be juried by the prestigious names in the world of photography who will be looking for photographs that are profound, well crafted, and of exceptional quality, the images that tell a story and communicate a visual narrative through excellent technical and creative skills. Entries have to be submitted in the respective categories
Rules and Regulations
- The contest is open for online submissions only, through the contest page available on the JLU website.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline is over.
- Image size should not be more than 2MB and must be in JPEG format.
- You are required to provide a detailed caption for each image submitted.
- There is no entry fee. You may submit as many entries per contest as you wish.
- There must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Basic editing is acceptable provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. JLU reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at our discretion.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded. A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned from participating in any future contests.
Last Date of submission: 15th Aug 2020
Event Date: 19th Aug 2020