AUAP-JLU International MOOT Court Competition, 2022
About Moot Court Committee
Since the inception of the Faculty of Law at the Jagran Lakecity University, the Moot Court Committee has been its indispensable part. It is a student-run initiative under the guidance of faculty in-charges and seeks to hone and promote the culture of mooting in the University. The aim of the Committee is to foster and regulate mooting and allied activities of the University in a just and fair manner. The MCC at the JLU Faculty of Law is committed to facilitate the aim of practical learning and capacity building of the young law students.
The Moot Court Committee of Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal has within the short span of five years successfully organized five editions of JLU Moot Court Competition. Following Important Moot Court Competitions on diverse themes have been organized in the previous years:
- 1st JLU National Moot Court Competition took place from February 17 to February 19, 2017.
The event was inaugurated with grandeur by Mr. Ram Jethmalani, former Law Minister and senior
advocate, Supreme Court of India.
- 2nd edition of the JLU National Moot Court Competition was based on Constitutional Law which
took place from February 16-18, 2018.
- 1st SAARCLAW-JLU Moot Court Competition was organized in the year 2019 and was based on
the themes of International Human rights and Constitutional Law.
- 2nd SAARCLAW-JLU Moot Court Competition was organized in the year 2020 and was based on
‘pink’ theme in order to promote female representation in bar and bench.
- 3rd SAARCLAW-JLU Moot Court Competition was organized on an online platform in the year
2021 and was based on Maritime Law and International Arbitration Law
This edition of the JLU Moot Court Competition, 2022 is in collaboration with Association of the Universities of Asia and the Pacific. AUAP primary purpose is to be the main platform for interaction and collaboration between members, and to be an effective voice of universities in Asia and the Pacific region. The leaders of AUAP have adopted a unified vision for the organization and that is the promotion of the general welfare and good image of their members. Through the cooperation of all these leaders, AUAP has the capability to shape and influence the outlook of higher education regionally and globally. The heads of these higher education institutions enjoy a global network of supportive colleagues and this enables AUAP to secure support for member institutions’ interest and concerns.
“Kindly refer to the attached Annexure titled, ” Moot Proposition – AUAP -JLU IMCC -2022.”
Rules and Guidelines
“Kindly refer to the attached Brochure titled, ‘AUAP-JLU-IMCC-2022-Rules-and-Regulation-.pdf’.”
- Each team shall provisionally register for the competition by sending an email to email@example.com before June 22, 2022.
- 30 teams will be allowed to participate in the Competition on a first-come-first-served basis. Selected teams will be sent a confirmation mail regarding their participation, post which they must
make the payment of the registration fees through the link given below, confirming their participation latest by June 27, 2022.
Registration Form: https:/forms.gle/Lv9psePUShECFoum7
Travel & Accommodation Form: https://forms.gle/h7Q397fjs5Pug3AM9
Registration Fee –
- The registration fee for teams is INR 6,000 or USD 81. The registration fee is non-refundable and must be paid by all teams.
- Upon receiving the intimation of selection, the registration fee as mentioned in clause The payment shall be made in favor of ‘Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal’ payable at Bhopal.
- A Confirmation mail of Final registration shall be sent to the teams.
- Once a team is registered after filling in the registration form, a Team Code shall be assigned to it by the Organizing Committee. This team code will serve as their unique identifier throughout the competition. Any team that fails to send the details of the payment of fees shall not be allocated a team code.
- The Moot Court Committee reserves the absolute discretion to refuse or cancel the registration of any team.
Awards include monetary prizes to the meritorious participants and access to research resources.
- Best Team: INR1,25,000 (USD 1,670)
- Runners-Up: INR 75,000 (USD 1,000)
- Best Memorial: INR 20,000 (USD 267)
- Best Speaker: INR 20,000 (USD 267)
- Best Researcher: INR 20,000 (USD 133)
Schedule of the event
- February 15, 2022 – Release of the Moot Proposition
- June 22, 2022 – Last date for Provisional Registration
- June 27, 2022 – Last date for Registration via mail along with details of payment
- July 3, 2022 – Last date for seeking clarifications
- July 9, 2022 – Release of clarifications
- July 23, 2022 – Submission of soft copies of memorials
- July 30, 2022 – Last date for submission of hard copies of memorials
- August 5, 2022 – Inaugural of AUAP-JLU International Moot Court Competition, 2022.
- August 6, 2022 – Preliminary Rounds, Quarter Finals Rounds & Researcher’s Test
- August 7, 2022 – Semi-Finals, Final Round & Valedictory Ceremony
Patron in Chief
Shri Hari Mohan Gupta
Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal.
Mr. Abhishek Mohan Gupta
Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal
|Prof. (Dr.) Sandeep Shastr
|Prof. (Dr.) Vivek Khare
|Prof. (Dr.) Nachiketa Mittal
Director – Faculty of Law
|Dr. Deevanshu Shrivastava
Head – Faculty of Law,
1. Mr. Omkareshwar Pathak, Assistant Professor, Faculty Advisor, Moot Court Committee, JLU
2. Ms. Mitali Kori, Assistant Professor, Faculty Advisor, Moot Court Committee, JLU
3. Ms. Apoorva Agrawal, Assistant Professor, Faculty Advisor, Moot Court Committee, JLU
- Ms. Nishi Rathore, Convenor, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU
- Mr. Aaradhy Shrivastava, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU
- Ms. Kashish Khurana, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU
- Ms. Rushda Arshad, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU
- Ms. Srishti Khairwar, Secretary, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU
- Ms. Astha Jain, Member, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU
- Mr. Aditya Sharma, Member, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU
- Ms. Aditi Bhargava, Member, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU
- Ms. Nikita Verma, Member, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, JLU